Hey Everyone! I found a website to look at that gives basic facts about non-profit organizations - http://www.idealist.org/if/i/en/npofaq. I know that is something that has been considered, and I am unsure of how much info we have about it. I also found a website about a non- profit farm in Pennsylvania that allows children to visit to learn about farming - http://www.quietvalley.org/. They have members and people who contribute. This type of organization and participation from the public would be ideal because then the non-profit regulations are less restrictive. However, I don't know what the liabilities involved would entail...
I definitely like the land that you found Amy. It sounds wonderful. Imnaha is a cool place, and it would be nice to live by there. Hope this message finds you all well!
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jen right? That's great! I'm happy to have this resource. I'd started looking stuff up on nonprofits last year. But all the programs were timing out. We should see what we can find and use it to model ourselves, make our vision marketable. We need to get everything planned out, have property, and the whole lot from what I've read.
I've thought we could find grants for plant and animal diversity. Saving a dieing breed of turkeys could pay for themselves and more.
What else can we find? Sustainable village guest house available for scientist to rent?
And thanks I think this could be a great area. Wish I could run out there and check it out!
Big big hugs to you! Amy
Post a Comment