Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sheep!

I've been thinking about sheep. I'm really enjoying wool working, and wondered if it's sustainable to have some sheep of our own. What do you think Amber? I contemplated a small fiber family on the farm. A few angora bunnies, a few sheep, a few goats one for milk. I read lamas are good heard protectors. Do you think it pans out or is to much work in the end?

http://www.greenerpasturesfarm.com/SheepManagement.html

3 comments:

Zoe'sMom said...

Oh and here is a great kind for the PNW!
http://www.greenerpasturesfarm.com/CascadeFarmsteadSheep.html

soulseed said...

For sure. Anywhere I am living for awhile is gonna have to have some fiber friends. I would like a few alpacas, a couple merino sheep, coupe bunnies and some pygora goats. More importantly- I would like to spend some time with you. Git your booty out here!
A

Zoe'sMom said...

:) Hugs to you Amber!!! Oh and I just learned a new crotchet stitch tonight on youtube :)

sustainable sheep production. Topics covered include breed selection, controlled grazing, pasture lambing, alternative health management, and innovative marketing.

http://attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/summaries/sheep.html