Monday, December 8, 2008

Amber

Hello lovelies...
In honor of getting to know you all better here is a bit about this life.
I was born in Texas to biker hippie parents who were a little redneck and a lot practical. My grandparents on one side were dairy farmers and missionaries on the other. ( I haven't losty any interest in spirituality or gardening.)I have one lil sister who has an adorable daughter and a few aunts I keep in touch with. I moved here to Oregon 7.5 years ago and have been in and around Portland that entire time. Though just this morning my boss invited me to move out to the farm I work at and I am giving that some thought. Its 30 mins from North Portland and will give me an opportunity for some hands on training in farm life. Could benefit us all.

I get along with most people who are respectful, honest and hard working. I don't abide laziness or ugly gossip very well. Skills and interests include knitting,biking,writing, spinning,canning,blending incense, essential oils, making medicine in tincture,salve, oil and capsule form, pottery, glass work, listening to and playing a bit of music, painting (both houses and canvases), doodlin, baking,all kinds of cooking really, gardening, kayaking, swimming, hiking, reading a plethora of non fiction subjects mostly spiritual and primitive skill building. My spiritual life is of the utmost importance to me so my studies and practices are paramount. I am not dogmatic or judgmental in my approach, however it does take up a large part of my social time.

There is a lot more but thats a good start. I am pretty frank when it comes to communication and appreciate that from others. Frank does not equal rude in my book. Important things to me about the place I am gonna hang my hat have to do with a real sense of community and communication. I want to live among others who will relish the hard work its going to take and not be afraid of getting dirty. I need to live/work around people are are responsible with their drug and alcohol intake. That doesn't mean I want to mommy anyone but I wont fit into an environment that has excessive partying. I am concerned about what the process will be for new people being approved and would like this discussed at some length. I have people I love who id like to have an opportunity to invite should the need arise and am very open to others doing just that. I'd just like to have a clear discussion beforehand as to that process.

In terms of my dream place, I think that it has to be organic and grow from the dreams and ideas of everyone involved. I would like it to be sustainable, simple, self supporting and work in a way that we focus on our natural talents when possible and pitch in on the icky jobs so no one gets stuck out. And there would be kids. I love the lads and the elderly so a few of those sprinkled around would make my heart sing. I'd even be into teaching classes to kids about nature, and sustainability. That would be dope.

Not sure what else to include here but feel free to ask anything you like and I'll do my best to furnish a concise answer.

warmly,
A

No comments: