I keep looking at hy 84, 26, maybe 395 - thats union, baker,grant, malheur county's but thats higher elevation...... Zoe pointed at malheur county, the lowest point of this county is the funny bumping out point at the top of it. And thats where most of the highways are in malheur county, other than that there are a lot of rivers.
Maybe something like this one
http://www.trulia.com/property/1067836490-441-W-Peach-Rd-Ontario-OR-97914
89000.00
Enjoy the privacy of this 19+ acre parcel. Turn it into a nice horse facility with enough room for pasture, outbuildings and an arena or enjoy it for the wildlife habitat it currently supports. The irrigation ditch and natural spring entice numerous waterfowl and upland game birds as well as deer. The possibilities are limitless. The trailer currently on the property has been left to maintain the building right.
Ontario Or 9000 - 10000 people
I'm open to different areas as well.
Oregon County Selection Map
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/maps/oregon_map.html
Here's a city pop map/list for ORhttp://www.citypopulation.de/php/usa-census-oregon.php
Elevation map, river maps, county maps, and high way maps all in this one!
http://geology.com/state-map/oregon.shtml
2 comments:
Sooo... We have connections in fossil, OR. Sarah's soon to be father-in-law lives there. It's the high desert. Water isn't not available but it is work to find water. The average rainfall is something like 2 feet per year.
What about closer to crater lake or Klammath falls. I've been looking at property for sale and sending emails to realtors in that area but haven't head anything back yet.
I think we need to reevaluate how much land we need to buy. If we don't have enough there may not be much we can do about it later. I was looking at the dancing rabbit and other sites, and they all have 100+ acres to use, and plant, and spread as they grow. Any thoughts?
Hi guys, I havent checked out just real busy with this relocation. I agree with Amy's ideas about location. It seems like something between 70 and 125 acres would be optimal but at this juncture just getting a viable plot of land with enough space for us to spread out and sustain our food would be sufficient. I think if there is going to be the possibility of inviting family and new friends to live there we are definitely going to want to get as much land as is economically viable. But truthfully, I think it will work if its only a few acres so its really more about what we can make happen that works within budget, credit and cultivation restraints. I like the idea of being in Southern oregon and East of the Cascades seems like the safest place with the upcoming Earth changes, impending Earth quake on the west coast and ever changing sea.
Hope you are all enjoying a beautiful New Year. Namaste.
Post a Comment