Hi Guys I think I made it here. :)
So lets roll up our sleeves and get to the fun stuff. Here are some topics to ponder.
Land - I think we should put the land in some sort of trust to protect it, and make it community as well.
Building plans - I was think if we break the village into phases it wouldn't be to overwhelming, and help us focus. Something like...
Phase 1 - First dwelling, Water collection, animals, crops, green house, fruit trees & bushes.
Phase 2 - Map out permaculture w/ room for new houses and out buildings to come into being. 2nd dwelling
Building a community - How to decide on guide lines for community self government (for lack of a better term). Dancing Rabbit is a community eco village we could learn from http://www.dancingrabbit.org/ and they have a section on how they do somethings
http://www.dancingrabbit.org/culture/
How do we bring new people in? At Dancing Rabbit people go volunteer and hang out a while in the village, then take a working vacation of a few weeks to see how they& there familys fit into the group. Sort of try it on for size.
Family Life style - I'd like very much for us to have a child friendly community. And this gets us into a substance management and abuse discussion. So when does use become abuse and when do we talk with that person. Should we do so privately first, then if the behavior continues we make it an open topic at family meetings. Umm I think we might want an open family meeting and one without kids... since thats not such a kid friendly topic...
I'd like to see a few businesses run on the farm. A tea co, tinctures, essential oils, maybe a seed co. Can we grow all that we need to do these off grid?
Co op health coverage - Something Dave mentioned yesterday, maybe we could check out a way to do health care for the group. Or should we just get where were going and barter with the local Doc/ DDS?
Off to make breakfast. Lov Amy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Amy!
Thanks for the thought provoking post. I am in the middle of a move and painting my new place. Ill get to this when I have my desk set up properly and can focus on a worthy response. Be well.
love,
A
Post a Comment